Thursday night, after being delayed for an hour, I finally landed in KC. I was greeted by a big hug and a small heat stroke from the humidity level.ย  We headed downtown for dinner and after being indecisive we ended up at 54th Street Bar. I had a few local beers, and some delish filling food.

Friday while Whitney was at work, I finished a session from earlier in the week and then spent the afternoon poolside attempting to even out these awful farmer’s tan tan-lines. Whitney made some chicken Parmesan for dinner and after that we were debating a few things to do. We ended up getting some tattoos. YOLO.

IMG_3579-2After getting tattoos, the need for alcohol was real. We went to a place across the street from Whitney’s apt. called Snow & Co. They had frozen alcoholic drinks. We did a flight of all ten, and some were better than others. I’ll probably try to duplicate the recipes at some point.

Saturday we got our nails done and then hit up First Watch for some mid day brunch. I had some french toast and some bomb skillet potatoes. We were going to go to a music festival that afternoon, but after word of it not being very exciting, we decided naps were a better option.

For dinner we headed downtown and ate at Gordon Biersch Brewery and Restaurant. We saw the most flawless bus boy, and tried to get his number. Instead of him even being old enough to go into the bars, the table next to us was interested in us, so Whit gave them my phone number. We didn’t meet up with them, don’t worry. After dinner we headed to Westport (similar to State St. on a much, MUCH larger scale.) We went to a bar called IMG_3597Char Bar, got some beer and just sat on the porch swings and watched others play bags, croquet, and bocce ball. A few Cerner friends joined us and we ended up playing some bags. The next bar we went to was called Gambles. Inside they had human size connect four and Jenga. I’m terrible at Jenga, but surprisingly didn’t knock it over. We took an Uber home only to realize that the keys were still in Whitney’s car which was still downtown.

Sunday we went to brunch at Beer Kitchen. Food started with some Drunk Doughnuts (there was alcohol in the chocolate sauce) followed by french toast with pecans, bacon and bourbon syrup. SO. GOOD. We went to the city market after that and walked around and then off to the airport I went.

Don’t worry, I’ll be going back to KC.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s